Western Areas Ltd is one of Australia’s leading nickel producers from their mines in Western Australia. Western Areas were looking for a compact wastewater treatment solution to treat greywater produced from the showers, kitchen and laundry on their remote camp. Western Areas were looking for a containerised system that could be relocated to another location at some point in time.
Aerofloat engineers designed a complete greywater treatment package within one shipping container that housed two Aerofloat 13 units plus associated balance and pH correction tanks. The treated greywater was then sent to an evaporation pond.
The project included:
- Design of the system within the shipping container
- Electrical design compliant with mining codes
- Design of structural supports to ensure total system is transported without issue
- Transport of system from South Australia to Western Australia
- Commissioning and training of system