Aerofloat (Australia) Pty Ltd (ABN 72 145 239 185) is a private company working in the wastewater treatment industry.
Aerofloat is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act). The APPs are designed to protect the confidentiality of information and the privacy of individuals by regulating the way personal information is collected, used, disclosed and managed. Personal information generally refers to information or an opinion relating to an identified, or reasonably identifiable, individual.
The policy explains the types of personal information that we may collect and store, how it is used and where it is shared. It also sets out how to contact Aerofloat if you have any concerns or questions about this information.
Why do we collect personal information?
We collect personal information about our customers, contractors, suppliers, job applicants and other contacts to understand and meet their needs, to meet our legal obligations and conduct our day to day activities.
What personal information do we collect?
The types of personal information we may collect include contact information (such as your name, address, email address, fax and telephone numbers), information about your employer, your newsletter preferences, comments you submit by way of Public Comment and any feedback given about our website, products and services, or other matters.
Occasionally our work may require us to collect sensitive information. For more details, see the section ‘Sensitive information is subject to greater restrictions’, below.
What other information do we collect?
Personal information may be collected by way of forms filled out by individuals (including via online contact us forms), surveys, emails, telephone conversations, online user-generated content and market research, face-to-face meetings, conferences, exhibtions and interviews. Where necessary and with your consent, we supplement the information we receive from you with information from third party sources, such as your employer or an event agency.
You may in some circumstances have the option of not identifying yourself or using a pseudonym when you deal with us. However, if you choose not to provide the information we need to fulfill your request for a specific product or service or to participate in design activities, we may not be able to provide you with the requested product or design and we may not be able to allow you to participate in our activities.
In addition, Aerofloat uses the Google AMP Client ID API to consolidate information on each unique visitor to their many interactions with our site. This consolidated information provides a more accurate picture of visitor journeys and use of our website. The Google AMP Client ID API assigns a unique randomly generated identifier to each visitor and uses this identifier to link all activity associated with that visitor. The unique identifier, web analytics data and cookies do not contain personally identifiable information such as your name or email address and therefore cannot identify you.
You can find out more information on how Google uses data when you use the Aerofloat website at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/
How might Aerofloat use and disclose your personal information?
Aerofloat may use and disclose your personal information for the primary purpose of collection, or for reasonably expected secondary purposes which are related to the primary purpose, or for purposes to which you have consented, and in other circumstances authorised by the Privacy Act.
Generally, Aerofloat may use and disclose your personal information for a range of purposes, including to:
- provide you with information on our products or services that you have requested;
- respond to your queries or feedback;
- analyse and improve all aspects of our business including, but not limited to, our design and manufacturing processes, our business systems and processes, internal and external communication, website management and content, client engagement and our performance;
- provide you with any communications or publications in which we think you might be interested,;
- let you know about developments in our, products, services, procedures, research and activities that might be useful to you;
- facilitate your participation in forums, social events and educational events;
- consider employment applications.
Disclosure of personal information to other parties.
Aerofloat may disclose your personal information to third parties such as employees, contractors, suppliers and our external service providers that provide services to us (such as training, website hosting or cloud storage, distribution of newsletters), your employer, government, statutory or regulatory bodies. We may disclose your personal information for the purposes set out above.
We may disclose to the public, information concerning the operation of our technical teams.
We may also disclose your personal information if it is required or authorised by law, where disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life, health or safety, or where we are otherwise permitted by the Privacy Act.
We do not license or sell your personal information to third parties.
Security and management of personal information.
Aerofloat will take reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. The ways we do this include:
- limiting physical access to our premises;
- limiting access to the information we collect about you;
- putting in place safeguards in line with industry standards.
Links from our website to other websites.
Our website may contain links to third party websites. We do not operate these websites and therefore are not responsible for the collection or handling of personal information by the operators of these websites.
Accessing the information we hold about you.
Under the APPs, you may be able to obtain a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. The APPs provide some exceptions to your rights in this regard. To make a request to access this information, please contact us in writing. We will require an identification process and for you to specify what information you require. Costs may be associated with verifying the application and locating, retrieving, reviewing and copying any material requested.
Updating your personal information.
We endeavour to ensure that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and complete. Please contact Aerofloat at the contact address set out below if you believe that the information we hold about you requires correction.
Sending information overseas.
Personal information is sent overseas in limited circumstances, including to:
- Aerofloat (New Zealand) Pty Ltd which has access to client, contractor and suppliers personal information for the purpose of developing joint Australian/New Zealand business teams;
- External service providers that assist our organisation such as with internal operations (including training, website hosting or cloud storage), market research and the distribution of our newsletters and other publications by Aerofloat.
Updates to this Policy.
If you are concerned that we have not complied with your legal rights or applicable privacy laws, you may bring a complaint internally through our complaints process or to make a formal complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (www.oaic.gov.au) (which is the regulator responsible for privacy in Australia).
We will deal with complaints as follows:
Step 1: Let us know
- If you would like to make a complaint, you should let us know by contacting our Privacy Officer (see below for contact details).
Step 2: Investigation of complaint
- Your complaint will be investigated by our Privacy Officer.
- A response to your complaint will be provided in writing within a reasonable period.
Step 3: Contact OAIC
- We expect our procedures will deal fairly and promptly with your complaint. However, if you remain dissatisfied, you can also contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner as follows:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) – Complaints must be made in writing.
1300 363 992
Director of Compliance
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001
Aerofloat (Australia) Pty Ltd
Unit 1, 60 Box Rd Taren Point, NSW 2229
Attention: The Privacy Officer
We will endeavour to respond to all complaints and correspondence promptly.